A lock or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.
Election Day Workers
Ever wonder what it would be like to help conduct an election? People are needed on Election Day to help staff the polls, transport ballots and materials, and maintain political balance. Be a part of history, support democracy, and have fun by becoming an Election Day Worker.
Starting pay for Precinct Election Officials is $220. Precinct Election Officials are required to work from 6:00 pm until approximately 8:00 pm the Monday night before Election Day, and from 5:30 a.m. until the Polling Location has completely shut down on Election Day (approximately 8:30 p.m.)
Your community needs you!
Apply to be an Election Day Worker
View all Election Day Positions
- You must be a registered voter in Cuyahoga County.
- You must never have been convicted of a felony.
- You cannot be a candidate for an office or a position and serve as an election official in any precinct where your name appears on the ballot.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
High School Election Day Workers
- Must be at least 17 years old
- Must be a U.S. citizen and reside in Cuyahoga County
- Must be able to read and write English
- Can arrange own transportation to the assigned polling location
- Can lift approximately 35 pounds
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Attend a training class prior to the election.
- Attend the meeting Monday night before the election to organize and set up the location for election day.
- On Election Day, workers must work from 5:30 am until the polls close at 7:30 pm, and verify all voting units and reports are completed and packed.
Workers will be paid $220, the same as other Precinct Election Officials.
Interested Students, Teachers, or Administrators
If you are interested in the Future of Democracy program, please contact Arianne Morrow to see if your high school has an existing program, or to start one now.
Election Officials Department